Sr. Frontend Engineer @ Varo Bank
January 2020 - Present
- - Currently leading the Web Engineering effort on our new Design System and helping with migration.
- - Helped develop and launch the new bank.varomoney.com.
- - Part of a hiring committee and helped mentor new Engineers.
- - Worked across multiple projects and teams including: client banking, growth, engagement, internal tools and design systems.
- - Some Technologies I am working with: TypeScript, React, GraphQL/Apollo, Storybook, and React Testing Library.
Sr. Frontend Developer @ Overstock.com
October 2019 - December 2019
- - Built the Product Page in Node.js, Express, Webpack, Redux, and React.
- - Rebuilt the Webpack Server-side Rendering portion of our NodeJS powered app.
- - This was my brief second stint at Overstock.
Sr. Frontend/Full-Stack Developer @ tZERO
September 2018 - October 2019
- - Built the next generation Blockchain-based UI using React, Redux, Webpack, Express, Node.js, and PostgreSQL.
- - Filled in for multiple temporary Dev Lead stints.
Frontend Developer @ Overstock.com
October 2014 - September 2018
- Product Page Dev Team:
- - Handled new feature implementation, A/B Tests, and bug squishing on product pages.
- - Worked on a full-stack Node.js, Express, React, Redux mobile web app as well as various client-side repo's.
- - Was involved in the design process of product with UX and Product teammates.
- - Built tools for our front-end workflow, such as implementing ES6 support and ReactJS into our repo.
- - Created reusable React components and NPM modules that are used by teams across Overstock.com.
- - During this time I was promoted to Senior Frontend Developer.
- Production Web Team:
- - Worked directly with Marketing, Product, and Back-end teams on various projects concerning the homepage of Overstock.com.
- - Handle initial front-end development, support and maintenance for Overstock.com micro-sites, homepage content, and promotional email/content/pages. Take part in QA and on-call when needed.
Freelance Developer and Designer @ Damir Hara Design
March 2013 - ∞
- - Helped companies/clients build websites and web apps from scratch or by jumping in the middle of the project. I've worked on everything from simple one-page static websites to production React apps served to millions of people.
- Clients worked with: Infowrap.com, Cottonwood Electric, TheChapelMotorcycleShop.com.
- - Semantic HTML
- - Git & CLI chops
- - Troubleshooting
- - Responsive Web Design
- - Wireframing & Prototyping
- - Cross-browser compatibility
- - Communication & Liaison
- - Web Accessibility
- - Mentoring & Advising
University of Utah
Class of 2014
- BS, Mass Communication
Salt Lake Community College
Class of 2012
- BS, General Studies